Sunday, February 17, 2013

Submitted!


I just wrote my first article for online publication.  I'd love to share it with you here and now, but one of the rules is that the article cannot be published anywhere else.  Ergo, I cannot self-publish.  I will put up a link when it is accepted, or will post it in full if it is not. 

It was difficult to start the article because once it was finally on paper it was real, and not a bunch of amorphous ideas in my brain. Once it was finished (or paused) I felt a sense of relief.  Writing is like giving birth, the ideas gestate over time until they are born.  It is exhausting work. 

I like the idea of writing more short articles until I have enough material for a book.  I can also incorporate video blogs to get a larger audience.  I am inspired to do more.  The internet is a wonderful tool for establishing a face for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment