Sunday, September 15, 2013

4 Reasons I Love Facebook

1. I feel like I am hanging out with people even though I am at home doing housework.  I like to be by myself.  Face book gives me as much interaction as I want with the outside world.  I can see what people are doing and even get involved, or do nothing at all.  I can have a conversation if I want to, but I don't feel obligated too, the way I would with a phone call, or face-to-face visit.  I am an anti-social socialite who prefers pictures and posts and real life privacy and peace.

2.  I am friends with the people who intimidated the shit out of me in High School because of their effortless coolness.  Now, we are all married with kids and shit, so all that in the past and we can relate as adults.  It's weird thinking back to how people affected my image of self-worth back then, people who had no idea they wielded such power in my perception of self.  The boys I lived and died for who could make or break my day, who I looked forward to seeing, who I was able to see because I was safely in the friend zone.  Now, I am so pleased when I see they are doing well, or when I can join in with the once popular girls who are now all just like me.  It's a great equalizer.

3.  I can stalk people.  Nuff said.

4.  I can find out about events in my friends' lives and give advice, or get advice when I need it.  There have been many days when I felt off-kilter and a post to the Old FB would get people chiming in and guiding me.  Willing to help out.  I delete these posts when the issue resolves because I like to keep my Facebook clean like my mind.  Moving on!

No comments:

Post a Comment